Skip to content
- Choose lower fat alternatives, such as substituting low fat cheese for cream cheese.
- One third of your meals should consist of salad or vegetables.
- Remember to eat at least five portions of fruit and vegetables per day.
- To help you use less olive oil, try using an olive oil spray for cooking, or when making salad dressings.
- If you are trying to cut down on salt, use extra spices and herbs to add flavour to your meals.
- Want to cut down on fat? Swap frying or roasting with grilling, using a griddle pan or steaming your food.
- Choose a leaner cut of meat without fat such as poultry with skin removed, fillet steak. Cut off any visible fat.
- Choose wholegrain rice and pasta as they are higher in fibre than the white alternatives.
- When using cheese, maybe think about a mature Cheddar or a hard blue cheese, for more flavour, but use less of it, perhaps grating it.